Posted to general@gump.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2005/08/31 00:58:19 UTC

jaxme

jaxme is converting to maven as well as subversion.

the original plan was to try to run two gump builds until the mavenised
one was debugged. however, since the original run is no longer running
very well, i suppose that there may be an argument for biting the bullet
and moving now.

opinions?

- robert

Re: jaxme

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 9/1/05, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 06:09 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> > On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > the original plan was to try to run two gump builds until the
> > > mavenised one was debugged. however, since the original run is no
> > > longer running very well, i suppose that there may be an argument
> > > for biting the bullet and moving now.
> >
> > I wouldn't expect the Maven run to work any better or worse than the
> > Ant one, so go ahead if you feel like it.
> >
> > The main problems we have with mavenized projects in Gump are
> >
> > (1) artifact-Id mismatches
> >
> > (2) projects depending on Maven plugins that are not (yet) installed
> > on the Gump machines.
> >
> > The second point somewhat bothers me since we have a few builds that
> > don't run just because a plugin that we wouldn't use for our builds is not
> > installed.  But that's just me disagreeing with Maven's worldview 8-)
>
> i agree that this is a little bit bothersome.
>
> i wonder whether it's not so much a problem with the worldview as a
> lacking feature. i don't know how to specify plugin dependencies for a
> maven build (so they could be automatically downloaded). without this
> feature, the build is not truly automatic or replicable.

Same way you specify any dependencies I thought. Problem is that Gump
builds in --offline mode, so it doesn't download anything.

Hen

Re: jaxme

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.

Re: jaxme

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:

> the original plan was to try to run two gump builds until the
> mavenised one was debugged. however, since the original run is no
> longer running very well, i suppose that there may be an argument
> for biting the bullet and moving now.

I wouldn't expect the Maven run to work any better or worse than the
Ant one, so go ahead if you feel like it.

The main problems we have with mavenized projects in Gump are

(1) artifact-Id mismatches

(2) projects depending on Maven plugins that are not (yet) installed
on the Gump machines.

The second point somewhat bothers me since we have a few builds that
don't run just because a plugin that we wouldn't use for our builds is not
installed.  But that's just me disagreeing with Maven's worldview 8-)

Stefan