Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard Murphy <rm...@hbs.edu> on 2002/06/04 02:11:31 UTC

validation behavior

Hi All:

I just wanted to confirm some behavior I'm seeing with validation and
hopefully get a recommendation or two.

I'd like to have action perform pass either the form values from a post
or the request parameters from a get to a facade. It seems like there's
no way to validate the post but not validate the get. Is this true ?

The body of the perform method would look like:

if(form != null){

 // some other code goes here
collection = facade.locateSearchResults(form.getName());

}else{

//other code here
collection = facade.locateSearchResults(request.getParameter("name"));

}

There's no reason to validate the request parameters from the get and
there's no association with an html form. Even if I set validate to
false, once I reference the form the validate method executes on the
else condition.

Any way to do this and avoid the unnecessary call to the form bean
validate method ?

Thanks,

Richard