Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andy Noble <an...@data-workshop.com> on 2001/09/03 20:40:47 UTC

Struts Validator

I'm having a look at the Struts validator, and I've got a couple of questions:

1. There appears to be a load of whitespace in the genertated Javascript, which bloats the HTML page. Is this normal, or is it me?

2. I'm trying a simple 'required' validation as defined in validation.xml on a password which is in an <html:password.../>. The <html:text.../>  gets validated ok, but not the password. Any ideas?

3. I was thinking about formsets and the locale specific validation. Is it possible to have a 'base' set of validations that are 'overridden' by locale specific validation?

If the answers are in the docs, sorry but I've missed 'em. Thanks for any help.

-------
Andy