Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "G. Hussain Chinoy" <hu...@granularity.net> on 2001/05/07 01:00:07 UTC

where to put the samples?

I've been unsucessful getting SOAP 2.1 + JRun 3.01 on NT to work, but i've
gotten it installed on linux.

My next problem is running the samples (or even classes i've created).  My
classpath is:

	{jrun.rootdir}/servers/lib
	{jrun.server.rootdir}/lib
	/web/xml-soap/java/build/lib/soap.jar
	/web/xml-soap/java/build
	/web/xml-soap/java/samples
	{jrun.rootdir}/servers/default/deploy/xml-soap/lib
	{jrun.rootdir}/servers/default/deploy/xml-soap/lib/samples

I have the addressbook sample classes in a directory underneath the last
classpath (in "./addressbook/").

I'm unable to get the addressbook 'testit.sh' to run properly, though.

Does anyone have any ideas of where the addressbook classes should be in
my classpath in order for the soap webapp to find these classes (or any
other I might try to deploy?)

I've been able to create a test jsp to verify that JRun is able to see the
addressbook classes:

'test.jsp'
---------
<%@page import="samples.addressbook.Address"%>
<%@page import="samples.addressbook.AddressBook"%>

<%
AddressBook a = new AddressBook();
Address anAddress = a.getAddressFromName("John B. Good");
%>

John B. Good
<pre><%=anAddress.toString()%></pre>
--------

run of 'testit.sh'
---------
Deploying the addressbook service...

Verify that its there
Deployed Services:
        urn:AddressFetcher

Getting info for Mr Good
Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = deployment error in SOAP service 'urn:AddressFetcher':
class name 'samples.addressbook.Address' could not be resolved:
samples.addressbook.Address

and

java samples.addressbook.GetAllListings
http://localhost/soap/servlet/rpcrouter