Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2012/06/20 17:29:10 UTC

"ApachEE" track proposal added

Hi folks!

Just a heads-up. I added a track proposal "ApachEE" yesterday which covers the basic EE projects we have at the ASF.

The idea is to fill a whole day with 45 minute power sessions which covers overview, key features and exemplarily dives deep into a single example of the respective technology/project.

The following ASF projects are on the list so far:

* Tomcat
* OpenWebBeans [x]

* OpenEJB [x]
* OpenJPA

* BVal

* MyFaces  [x]
* TomEE
* DeltaSpike  [x]

[x] ... we have some speaker candidates for those parts already

If anyone likes to join, etc yadayada ... :)

LieGrue,
strub

Re: "ApachEE" track proposal added

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Thanks, that's great. We'll count you in when discussing the final roadmap and slots.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.
s/J2EE/JEE/ it's 2012 no ;)

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> I would like to propose an introduction of Apache Kalumet (incubator) in
> this track as it currently mostly cover the JEE "world".

Oh yeah.  Saw that when it went into the incubator.  It looked cool.

-David

Re: "ApachEE" track proposal added

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

I would like to propose an introduction of Apache Kalumet (incubator) in
this track as it currently mostly cover the JEE "world".

WDYT ?

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: "ApachEE" track proposal added

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Daniel,

especially Geronimo is now powered by Karaf ;).

So it's clear that with same some overlap between "ApacheEE" and
"Modular Application" tracks.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: "ApachEE" track proposal added

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Agree for Geronimo.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: "ApachEE" track proposal added

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
sure!

I already pinged a few Geronimo guys on IRC about that.

Another idea would be to create an own OSGi track and cover Geronimo there.
I'm also not 100% sure about the roadmap of Geronimo. Would be great if g has a major release until then.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.
What about Geronimo?