Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "dale.chang13" <da...@outlook.com> on 2016/04/13 15:12:30 UTC

Performance Tuning

I'm running Nifi on a Linux VM cluster with 1 NCM and 2 nodes, each with 10
GB.

Additionally, I followed through with some of the steps outlined in this
link:
https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/7882/hdfnifi-best-practices-for-setting-up-a-high-perfo.html
for performance

Here's my departure from the default configuration:

Initially running out of space in provenance, I reconfigured these prov
values, and I got a slight performance boost:
- two provenance directories (same drive, sadly)
- drastically decreased storage time from 24 hours to 1 min
- increased storage to 4 gb

I also increased the memory for the JVM to 8g

However, I still ran out of memory in the JVM, and I'm thinking I need to
tweak the database_ and flowfile_repositories as well.

What else can I do to begin to optimize my system?