Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au> on 2004/01/09 11:32:58 UTC

[VOTE] New Ant Wiki

The current Apache Wiki is being replaced with a new Wiki. The new Wiki meets
some additional ASF requirements that oversight is maintained on the content
of the Wiki. AFAIUI, the Wiki is partitioned and changes to the Wiki will be
sent somewhere for oversight (as currently CVS changes are mailed to
ant-cvs@apache.org).

If we want to have a Wiki, I will need to request itr be set up. So, this vote
is to confirm whether that is required. (The current Wiki will be going
away).

So, please vote on this issue

[ ] +1 - I want an Ant Wiki
[ ] -1  - I don't want a Wiki

I'm not sure how configurable the change emails are - IOW, to where they can
be sent. I'll investigate with the infrastructure folks but I thought I could
solicit some feedback here. The choices as I see it are

1. send to the dev list (either directly such as BugZilla, or to an email
alias as is done for CVS).

2. send to the PMC

Thoughts?

I'm not sure what the migration issues will be on the current Ant pages but I
should have more info once I contact the infrastructure people.

Conor

Re: [VOTE] New Ant Wiki

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
> So, please vote on this issue
>
> [X] +1 - I want an Ant Wiki
> [ ] -1  - I don't want a Wiki
>
> 1. send to the dev list (either directly such as BugZilla, or to an
> email
> alias as is done for CVS).

Yes, changes sent to the dev list is fine with me - as long as they are
sent to somewhere unique that I can subscribe to then I'm happy.

	Erik

Re: [VOTE] New Ant Wiki

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> I'm not sure how configurable the change emails are - IOW, to where
> they can be sent.

AFAIU the address can be configured, but is bound to the Wiki
instance.  I.e. you can't have mails sent to different addresses based
on content or page name.

> The choices as I see it are
>
> 1. send to the dev list (either directly such as BugZilla, or to an
> email alias as is done for CVS).
>
> 2. send to the PMC

I strongly prefer 1.

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] New Ant Wiki

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:

> Conor MacNeill wrote:
>
>> The current Apache Wiki is being replaced with a new Wiki. The new
>> Wiki meets some additional ASF requirements that oversight is
>> maintained on the content of the Wiki. AFAIUI, the Wiki is
>> partitioned and changes to the Wiki will be sent somewhere for
>> oversight (as currently CVS changes are mailed to ant-cvs@apache.org).
>>
>> If we want to have a Wiki, I will need to request itr be set up. So,
>> this vote is to confirm whether that is required. (The current Wiki
>> will be going away).
>>
>> So, please vote on this issue
>>
>> [ ] +1 - I want an Ant Wiki
>> [ ] -1  - I don't want a Wiki
>>
>> I'm not sure how configurable the change emails are - IOW, to where
>> they can be sent. I'll investigate with the infrastructure folks but
>> I thought I could solicit some feedback here. The choices as I see it
>> are
>>
>> 1. send to the dev list (either directly such as BugZilla, or to an
>> email alias as is done for CVS).
>>
>> 2. send to the PMC
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> I'm not sure what the migration issues will be on the current Ant
>> pages but I should have more info once I contact the infrastructure
>> people.
>>
>> Conor
>>

> It sounds like we are forced to migrate to the new Wiki system anyway ?

No. You are encouraged, but not forced. The infrastructure team would
like all projects to use Apache infrastructure, but will not force it
upon projects.

Same goes for Bugzilla. The Jira system now has per project import
facilities, so projects can migrate if/when they want to.

[Info gleaned from lurking on infrastructure@]

Regards, Upayavira

Re: [VOTE] New Ant Wiki

Posted by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
Conor MacNeill wrote:

>The current Apache Wiki is being replaced with a new Wiki. The new Wiki meets
>some additional ASF requirements that oversight is maintained on the content
>of the Wiki. AFAIUI, the Wiki is partitioned and changes to the Wiki will be
>sent somewhere for oversight (as currently CVS changes are mailed to
>ant-cvs@apache.org).
>
>If we want to have a Wiki, I will need to request itr be set up. So, this vote
>is to confirm whether that is required. (The current Wiki will be going
>away).
>
>So, please vote on this issue
>
>[ ] +1 - I want an Ant Wiki
>[ ] -1  - I don't want a Wiki
>
>I'm not sure how configurable the change emails are - IOW, to where they can
>be sent. I'll investigate with the infrastructure folks but I thought I could
>solicit some feedback here. The choices as I see it are
>
>1. send to the dev list (either directly such as BugZilla, or to an email
>alias as is done for CVS).
>
>2. send to the PMC
>
>Thoughts?
>
>I'm not sure what the migration issues will be on the current Ant pages but I
>should have more info once I contact the infrastructure people.
>
>Conor

It sounds like we are forced to migrate to the new Wiki system anyway ?

+1 I want an Ant Wiki

and send the change emails to the ant dev list.

Cheers,

Antoine