Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Vanspall <st...@crmsoftware.com.au> on 2003/04/02 06:16:36 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.24 Jasper Compile Problem

Hi there,

I have this problem where Tomcat 4.1.24 doesn't let me compile the jsp's, I
assume, as you will se ein the error message, that tomcat has a problem with
there being spaces in the path to where it can find the JSP java code files.

in my case this is under the Program Files/Apache Group/Tomcat 4.1
directory.

the error I am getting is

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] javac: invalid flag: C:\Program
    [javac] Usage: javac
    [javac] where possible options include:
    [javac]   -g                        Generate all debugging info
    [javac]   -g:none                   Generate no debugging info
    [javac]   -g:{lines,vars,source}    Generate only some debugging info
    [javac]   -nowarn                   Generate no warnings
    [javac]   -verbose                  Output messages about what the
compiler is doing
    [javac]   -deprecation              Output source locations where
deprecated APIs are used
    [javac]   -classpath          Specify where to find user class files
    [javac]   -sourcepath         Specify where to find input source files
    [javac]   -bootclasspath      Override location of bootstrap class files
    [javac]   -extdirs            Override location of installed extensions
    [javac]   -d             Specify where to place generated class files
    [javac]   -encoding       Specify character encoding used by source
files
    [javac]   -source          Provide source compatibility with specified
release
    [javac]   -target          Generate class files for specific VM version
    [javac]   -help                     Print a synopsis of standard options

4.1.19 had this problem also, 4.1.18 doesn't though.

I figured I would see if anyone is aware of this problem, and a way around
it. Prefereably, that solution would not be move webapp to a path that has
no spaces in it.

I was hoping that the problem would be fixed in this version, yes i did
report the bug to apache.

The reason I need 4.1.18+ is because there is a logging problem with 4.1.18
and SSL

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Steve

RE: Tomcat 4.1.24 Jasper Compile Problem

Posted by Steve Vanspall <st...@crmsoftware.com.au>.
Thanks, that will be my last resort.

It's a pity that's what has to be done, because the older versions are fine
with spaces in the path

Steve

Avoid using directory name with spaces, try to install your tomcat in
c:\tomcat41 for example.

Posted by Rosdi bin Kasim <ro...@epantai.com.my>.