Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/06/08 20:49:05 UTC

Re: [testing] new subcomponent of Harmony?

On 8 June 2006 at 8:01, Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Interesting.  I wasn't thinking of having unit or implementation tests
> in here, as those still should be "near" the subcomponent, be it VM,
> classlib, etc, but larger 'end-to-end' functional tests ? I don't know
> if that makes sense...
>
> I was originally hoping that Mark would tell us what he has running
> over at IBM, and let us start from there.. .:)

(Sorry, I have been distracted looking at jchevm, the classlibadapter,
and trying to grok the drlvm build system.)

We have two machines running continuum, one linux and one windows, with
a wrapper project in a local svn repository that pulls in classlib using
svn:externals.  It contains an ant script that does:

1) Call the classlib ant file to build with a reference JDK.

2) Call the classlib ant file to build with IBM VME, classlib and
   Eclipse (this was disabled due to jsr14 issues but could be enabled
   again now I think).

3) Call the classlib ant file to Run the tests

4) Publish the results and update an index.html file.

The linux machine also has a few more steps between 3 and 4:

3a) Run JAPI tools

3b) Generate class list for the newly-built JRE and then produce a
    report of the class coverage with respect to some reference applications
    - the tools for this (slightly edited) are in HARMONY-565

I'd be happy to share this wrapper though it'll need a little tidying
up first.

Regards,
 Mark.

Re: [testing] new subcomponent of Harmony?

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.
Mark,

Does it make sense to add the test coverage script into the step 3), as
the tools in Harmony-564?

Mark Hindess wrote:
> On 8 June 2006 at 8:01, Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> Interesting.  I wasn't thinking of having unit or implementation tests
>> in here, as those still should be "near" the subcomponent, be it VM,
>> classlib, etc, but larger 'end-to-end' functional tests ? I don't know
>> if that makes sense...
>>
>> I was originally hoping that Mark would tell us what he has running
>> over at IBM, and let us start from there.. .:)
>>

> (Sorry, I have been distracted looking at jchevm, the classlibadapter,
> and trying to grok the drlvm build system.)
>
> We have two machines running continuum, one linux and one windows, with
> a wrapper project in a local svn repository that pulls in classlib using
> svn:externals.  It contains an ant script that does:
>
> 1) Call the classlib ant file to build with a reference JDK.
>
> 2) Call the classlib ant file to build with IBM VME, classlib and
>    Eclipse (this was disabled due to jsr14 issues but could be enabled
>    again now I think).
>
> 3) Call the classlib ant file to Run the tests
>
> 4) Publish the results and update an index.html file.
>
> The linux machine also has a few more steps between 3 and 4:
>
> 3a) Run JAPI tools
>
> 3b) Generate class list for the newly-built JRE and then produce a
>     report of the class coverage with respect to some reference applications
>     - the tools for this (slightly edited) are in HARMONY-565
>
> I'd be happy to share this wrapper though it'll need a little tidying
> up first.
>
> Regards,
>  Mark.

Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab
IBM

Re: [testing] new subcomponent of Harmony?

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
That would be great.  I assume we can add pieces into it...