Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/23 15:49:34 UTC

[VOTE] Release Maven Release version 2.5

Hi,

maven-release is a component that provides the maven-release-manager
and the maven-release-plugin.

This release integrates version 1.9 of Maven SCM, which addresses a
number of problems with git.

We resolved 10 issues:

** Bug
    * [MRELEASE-166] - release:prepare should always check for local
modifications
    * [MRELEASE-263] - Interactive plugins cannot work in forked executions
    * [MRELEASE-581] - Git relative pathing broken with release plugin
    * [MRELEASE-719] - No error when release:prepare with an already
existing scm tag
    * [MRELEASE-812] - "prepare" does not commit before tagging and
therefore deploys snapshot instead of release
    * [MRELEASE-862] - Upgrade to Apache Maven SCM 1.9

** Improvement
    * [MRELEASE-682] - support for git svn

** New Feature
    * [MRELEASE-431] - Configuration of policy for calculating next
(release) version

** Task
    * [MRELEASE-356] - deprecate the automated release profile
    * [MRELEASE-753] - Upgrade to JUnit 4.x

There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-512?jql=project%20%3D%20MRELEASE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1008
http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1008/org/apache/maven/release/maven-release/2.5/maven-release-2.5-source-release.zip

Source release checksum(s):
maven-release-source-release.zip sha1: 28311e1bb0f1cee37f66e28700e03d4644d4b3ac

Staging site:
http://maven.apache.org/maven-release-archives/maven-release-2.5/

Guide to testing staged releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Release version 2.5

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
+1

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
On 24 Feb 2014, at 3:49, Benson Margulies wrote:

> This release integrates version 1.9 of Maven SCM, which addresses a
> number of problems with git.

+1 non-binding.

Basic release of some internal modules worked fine, I already had my
work-around in place pulling in a newer SCM dep ( 1.8.x ) but I see this
overrode it with 1.9 - so all good.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Release version 2.5

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1 (binding)

src looks good, did a small local test release on a simple project which did run fine.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Olivier

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
yeah I already committed a fix towards 3.0

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Set M2_HOME

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
It'll be tomorrow

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my phone

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Release version 2.5

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
No where. one +1, nothing else.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.