Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Neil Gunton <ne...@nilspace.com> on 2001/02/07 14:40:00 UTC

slight problem with make test in latest CVS

Gerald,

The latest CVS has a slight problem the first time you run 'make test'.
The output is below, and I am forwarding the log file to you separately.
This is on RedHat 7 Linux with all patches and updates, Apache 1.3.14,
mod_perl 1.24_01. However I notice that if you simply run make test
again, it seems to complete successfully (though the error message
during test of Execute still appears), make install works and Embperl as
a whole seems to work. I am still testing the other stuff.

#76 nph/div.htm...            ok
#77 nph/npherr.htm...         ok
#78 nph/nphinc.htm...         ok
#79 sub.htm...                ok
#80 sub.htm...                ok
#84 chdir.htm...              ok
#85 chdir.htm...              ok
#86 allform/allform.htm...    ok
#87 stdout/stdout.htm...      ok
#88 nochdir/nochdir.htm...    ok
#92 div.htm...                ok
#94 ofunc/div.htm...          ok
#95 safe/safe.htm...          ok
#96 safe/safe.htm...          ok
#97 safe/safe.htm...          ok
#98 opmask/opmask.htm...      ok
#99 opmask/opmasktrap.htm...  ok

Testing Execute function...

div.htm from file...          ok
div.htm from memory...        ok
div.htm to memory...          ok
div.htm from/to memory...     ok
error.htm to memory...        ok
EmbperlObject/epopage1.htm ...ok
EmbperlObject/sub/epopage2.htm ...ok
EmbperlObject/obj/epoobj3.htm ...ok
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at (eval 1386) line 97.

Starting httpd...       [1582]SES:  Embperl Session management enabled
(>= 1.50)
Launching... /usr/src/apache_1.3.14/src/modules/ssl/gcache
pid=1583
Launching... /usr/src/apache_1.3.14/src/modules/ssl/gcache
pid=1584
pid = 1582  ok

Testing mod_perl mode...

#0 ascii...

[-1]Subroutine main::trans redefined at
/usr/src/embperl/test/conf/startup.pl line 13.

Input:		test/html/ascii
Output:		test/tmp/out.htm
Log:		test/tmp/test.log

 ERRORS detected! NOT all test have been passed successfully

make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1
[root@home embperl]#

Re: slight problem with make test in latest CVS

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at (eval 1386) line 97.

Also this is harmless, would be nice to fix it. Could you please send me the
files test/conf/httpd.conf and test/conf/config.pl ?

> [-1]Subroutine main::trans redefined at
> /usr/src/embperl/test/conf/startup.pl line 13.

Just delete line 13 in test/conf/startup.pl and the error should go away.
The line was left over from testings and is not needed anymore. I have
already deleted the line here.

Gerald