Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by ZedroS Schwart <ze...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/20 15:15:15 UTC

Wicket and Netbeans 6

Hi all

Following what's written here http://wicket.apache.org/quickstart.html
I've tried to have the quickstart to run in Netbeans 6 beta 1.

I successfully managed to create the project using the "mvn
archetype:create ..." command, but I don't manage to use it with
Netbeans 6 even if I read :
    * To create a NetBeans project perform the "mvn netbeans:netbeans"
command inside the project directory, or if using NetBeans 6, just
open the pom.xml directly.

I've tried the "mvn netbeans:netbeans" command in various locations
(at the same level as the project folder and inside it) but got :
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'netbeans'.
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-netbeans-plugin' does not exis
t or no valid version could be found
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Oct 20 14:59:25 CEST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M

Furthermore, I don't manage to "just open the pom.xml directly". I
open the file with Netbeans, then I see it but I see nothing to have
some action. Furthermore, when doing "open project" in my project
folder, NEtbeans doesn't recognise the pom file, so no project is
open.

Where am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance
ZedroS

Re: Wicket and Netbeans 6

Posted by David Bernard <dw...@free.fr>.
I can't help you more, I didn't use those feature when I work with netbeans. I run the webapp from a shell with "mvn jetty:run".

Sorry

Re: Wicket and Netbeans 6

Posted by ZedroS Schwart <ze...@gmail.com>.
Hi again

So, it's great : the latest nightly build of NB 6 managed to retrieve
a lost UML project and, even better, the modules you've indicated were
of fact for Wicket 1.3 and not 1.2 as I was fearing :)

Let's continue digging in !

Thanks a lot

Cheers,
ZedroS

Re: Wicket and Netbeans 6

Posted by ZedroS Schwart <ze...@gmail.com>.
hi all

Re: Wicket and Netbeans 6

Posted by Ayodeji Aladejebi <al...@gmail.com>.
I have checked out and built wicket support for netbeans from
http://blogs.sun.com/geertjan/entry/when_boudreau_met_wicket
before,

if you have NB6 installed already,

install these two NB modules, create a WebApplication Project in NB and you
will have a ready sample application that runs fine and contains all the
artifacts you need to build without errors

Download and install this module into NB6
http://www.dabarobjects.com/downloads/org-netbeans-modules-web-wicket.nbm
Download and install this module in Netbeans6
http://www.dabarobjects.com/downloads/org-netbeans-modules-wicket-library.nbm

start netbeans, create a new Web Application Project, Select Wicket 1.2 and
then BOOM! everything is ready to go

yu may have to remove the * behind the url when it launches browser

On 10/22/07, Reinout van Schouwen <re...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Op zaterdag 20-10-2007 om 16:20 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Ayodeji
> Aladejebi:
> > if you are a beginner with both Netbeans and Maven then find one of the
> > wicket plugins for NB6 and install them. they have a quickstart project
> by
> > default
>
> "One of the wicket plugins for NB6"?
>
> As far as I have been able to track down, there's exactly one Wicket
> plugin supposed to work with Netbeans 6. You have to fetch it from a CVS
> branch and build it yourself -- which I haven't managed yet; it keeps
> complaining about an undefined nbplatform.default.harness.dir.
>
> If anyone else wants to try, here's how far I got:
> - create an account on dev.java.net;
> - follow cvs instructions but use the -r nb_60 branch:
> cvs -d :pserver:<username>@cvs.dev.java.net:/cvs checkout -r nb_60
> nbwicketsupport
> - open the subproject 'nbmodule' in Netbeans
>
> regards,
>
> --
> Reinout van Schouwen

Get A Free Blog: