Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/18 10:43:18 UTC

Release status

Hello guys,

We currently have:
- 3.1.4 for Java EE 5 released
- 3.2-SNAPSHOT based on the trunk for Java EE 6

In parallel, we decided to branch the 3.1.4 code base to create a
3.2-SNAPSHOT supporting JPA 2 in the Java EE 5 code base.

The trunk will become 4.0-SNAPSHOT and will only target Java EE 6.

Regarding the road map, in my point of view, we have to plan something.
We decided to push more regular releases.

The first release to plan is the 3.2 based on Thiago's work to merge JPA 2
feature.
What could be a reasonable target? Mid-April?

What about Java EE 6? can we at least try to plan an alpha for end April
(after Get-Together)?

Thoughts?
Jean-Louis

Re: Release status

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Pushing a more stable 3.2-SNAPSHOT is urgent because we are getting a lot of
related issues (OpenWebBeans changes ....).

Jean-Louis

Re: Release status

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 18, 2011, at 9:22 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:

> Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:
>>
>> The first release to plan is the 3.2 based on Thiago's work to merge JPA 2
>> feature.
>> What could be a reasonable target? Mid-April?
>>

> We are getting bad feedback from users because the 3.2-SNAPSHOT is unstable.
> So, IMHO it's urgent.

As soon as we get trunk renamed to 4.0-SNAPSHOT we can probably start pushing updated snapshots of both.

-David

Re: Release status

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.