Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2008/07/13 19:44:12 UTC

[ApacheDS] Can someone shed some light on this unknown module: mina-xbean-spring

Can someone give me an idea of whether or not this mina-xbean-spring module
in apacheds is used for?

   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/mina-xbean-spring/

It does not seem to be required for ApacheDS as far as I can tell (not in
modules listing).  David perhaps you have the best idea.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [ApacheDS] Can someone shed some light on this unknown module: mina-xbean-spring

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Can someone give me an idea of whether or not this mina-xbean-spring module
> in apacheds is used for?
>
>    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/mina-xbean-spring/
>
> It does not seem to be required for ApacheDS as far as I can tell (not in
> modules listing).  David perhaps you have the best idea.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

This module appeared in 1.5.2 tag. No idea why....

Re: [ApacheDS] Can someone shed some light on this unknown module: mina-xbean-spring

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jul 13, 2008, at 10:44 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Can someone give me an idea of whether or not this mina-xbean-spring
> module in apacheds is used for?
>
>    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/mina-xbean-spring/
>
> It does not seem to be required for ApacheDS as far as I can tell
> (not in modules listing).  David perhaps you have the best idea.

I think I was experimenting with direct xbean configuration of mina
components.  This doesn't seem to be necessary, so I think this module
can be removed without harm.

thanks
david jencks