Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/02 20:46:09 UTC

Maven2 plugin

Hello folks,

after some years without developing using Turbine,
I will have to use it in a new project.

I would like some advice about the following questions:
- how could i build my applications using maven 2 (any example?)
- which version of Turbine is the most currently stable
- when 2.3.3 is planed to be released
- which version of torque is the most compatible

Regards,

Raphaël

Re: AW: Maven2 plugin

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Jürgen Hoffmann wrote:
> Hopefully I will find some time this week to upload the new packages for your review.

Hi Juergen, great to hear you are still around.

I actually have a patch to the JSON-RPC service sitting here that I am
having difficulty committing for some reason.  If I can't commit this by
the end of today I will send a patch to the dev list.

Cheers,

Scott

Re: Maven2 plugin

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Raphaël Piéroni wrote:
> Where can i find a source snapshot of current meta for maven2 (if any exists)

To my knowledge there is no m2 version of META.

Scott

Re: Maven2 plugin

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@apache.org>.
Where can i find a source snapshot of current meta for maven2 (if any exists)
There is great probability i will have to work on a turbine project
using maven2.
Fortunately, i know turbine a little we had some projects using 2.1,
2.2 and since 2006 2.3
and i also know a bit more of maven 2.
If i could achieve something i will happily give it back to the community.

Regards,

Raphaël

AW: Maven2 plugin

Posted by Jürgen Hoffmann <ho...@ellumination.de>.
Hi Folks,

Re: Maven2 plugin

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

Re: Maven2 plugin (and META for TDK project upgrade)

Posted by Eric Hands <eh...@ehandsinc.com>.
I am upgrading an app from turbine 2.3.1 using the tdk and I'm
curious about how META might best fit in to the picture at this
point, if at all. I see from some of the project status notes that
work is apparently being done on making META compatible with maven 2,
but this is as yet unfinished. I was thinking of using maven 1 and
META to initialize a project (to see what files/folders/build config
I might need to migrate) and then to try using maven 2 from that
point forward. Is there some version of META that does work with
maven 2 (docs say no)? Or are there some maven goals for Turbine that
can be used independently of the META plug-in for maven? Or is it
simpler to just try to wrap the tdk Ant-based build targets with
maven goals?

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Re: Maven2 plugin

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.