Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by maisnam ns <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/10 03:15:47 UTC

git clone hadoop taking too much time almost 12 hrs

Hi,

I am trying to execute  ----- git clone git://
git.apache.org/hadoop-common.git so that I could setup a development
environment for Hadoop under the Eclipse IDE but it is taking too much time.

Can somebody let me know why it is taking too much time, I have a high
speed internet connection and I don't think connectivity is the issue here.

Thanks
Niranjan Singh

Re: git clone hadoop taking too much time almost 12 hrs

Posted by maisnam ns <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks moses and Harsh.

Harsh , I 've bookmarked your blog, nice info.

Regards
Niranjan

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: git clone hadoop taking too much time almost 12 hrs

Posted by mugisha moses <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by maisnam ns <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Niranjan,