Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Yan Chunlu <sp...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/22 16:52:52 UTC

progress of sstableloader keeps 0?

I took a snapshot of one of my node in a cluster 0.7.4(N=RF=3).   use
sstableloader to load the snapshot data to another 1 node cluster(N=RF=1).

after execute  "bin/sstableloader  /disk2/mykeyspace/"

it says"Starting client (and waiting 30 seconds for gossip) ..."
"Streaming revelant part of  cf1.db..... to [10.23.2.4]"

then showing the progress indicator and stopped. nothing changed after
then.

progress: [/10.28.53.16 1/72 (0)] [total: 0 - 0MB/s (avg: 0MB/s)]]]

I use nodetool to check the node 10.23.2.4, nothing changed. no data copied
to it. and the data dir also keep its original size. is there anything
wrong? how can I tell what was going on there?

thanks!

Re: progress of sstableloader keeps 0?

Posted by Yan Chunlu <sp...@gmail.com>.
thank you very much aaron. your explanation  is clear enough and very
helpful!

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by Yan Chunlu <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.