Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank Lawlor <fr...@athensgroup.com> on 2001/10/22 17:38:51 UTC

WebDAV

I just tried to use WebDAV with my application and
I have some questions about configuring WebDAV
which I cannot find in the distribution or any of the
links.

Can someone suggest a source of information?

The kinds of questions I ran into were:

I set the servlet-mapping as
    <servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/MyDir/*</url-pattern>

I have security specified for /MyDIr/*.

>From Windows NT explorer Web Folders I can navigate
to MyDir and it shows the subfolders BUT
  a) If I navigate to a subfolder, sometimes I get an error
  b) It shows the folders without asking for a login.  How
      do I require a login to browse the folders?
  c) If I try to access a file I get the login and then it tries
      to serve up the file.  Works fine for .html files but for
      extensions like .txt, .text, etc I just get a 404!  Why
      is this and how do I fix it (there is a MIME for .text)?

What are the WebDAV servlet invocation parameters and
what do they mean?

Frank Lawlor
Athens Group, Inc.
(512) 345-0600 x151
Athens Group, an employee-owned consulting firm integrating technology
strategy and software solutions.