Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by "Glynn, Eoghan" <eo...@iona.com> on 2006/08/31 17:26:43 UTC

Analoge for SOAPMessage MimeHeaders?

Folks,

In the old SOAP binding we used
javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage.getMimeHeaders() as a bucket for
transport-specific headers, so for example the WS-A layer could
propogate the wsa:Action to the transport as the SOAPAction header.

We no longer seem to do this in the new SOAP binding as a matter of
course. The closest analogue I can find is in the AttachmentTest unit
test, but this hijacks the HTTP_REQUEST_HEADERS property as opposed to
using a separate SOAP-specific headers map.

Is it an oversight that we don't current do something like
org.apache.cxf.soap.SoapMessage.setHeaders(MimeHeaders.class,
mimeHeaders) in one of the SOAP interceptors?

Cheers,
Eoghan

Re: Analoge for SOAPMessage MimeHeaders?

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
I agree, this would be a good thing to have. I don't know that
setHeaders is the right place as this could be used in a REST binding too.

I would outline two other goals as we figure something out:
1. Get rid of Message.getAttachmentMimeType
2. Unify the mechanism with the Attachment class's methods for getting
headers

As SAAJ always scares me a little (for instance MimeHeaders uses a
Vector according to the constructor?), I would be more prone to use
using a Map and putting it in the Message - message.get(MIME_HEADERS)
and then also declaring a getMimeHeaders() on Attachment. What do you think?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053