Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by we...@ctosonline.org on 2010/11/01 01:22:30 UTC

Re: [lucy-dev] Make Clownfish compiler unaware of Lucy

On Oct 30, 2010, at 3:45 PM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> To banish Lucy symbols from the Clownfish compiler, I think for now we should
> rename symbols such as THROW to use CFISH_ (or possibly CF_) as a prefix
> instead of LUCY_.

Beware that CF_ is used by Core Foundation.

Re: [lucy-dev] Make Clownfish compiler unaware of Lucy

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 05:22:30PM -0700, webmasters@ctosonline.org wrote:
> > To banish Lucy symbols from the Clownfish compiler, I think for now we should
> > rename symbols such as THROW to use CFISH_ (or possibly CF_) as a prefix
> > instead of LUCY_.
>
> Beware that CF_ is used by Core Foundation.

Thanks for pointing that out!  It seems like CFISH/Cfish/cfish is both a
clearer and a safer choice.

We still aren't as well insulated as mangled names in C++ etc, but Clownfish
doesn't have that kind of aspiration -- the symbols have to be usable from C.

Marvin Humphrey