Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Vi...@Gmail, wa...@gmail.com on 2017/01/22 15:27:36 UTC

COUNTIF Function Criteria: Can color of cell data be detected for counting?

Hi Folks:

I keep track of my bowling scores in a AOO 4.1.2 Calc file on WIN10
desktop.  I take the time to enter scores above a certain threshold in
Red font color.  I would like to count the number of times a score
within a range of cells is above the specified threshold.   For example:

COUNTIF(A1:G10,Red).

Is this possible to do?  It appears, per the Help documentation, that
the COUNTIF function criteria does not allow for detection of attributes
assigned to a cell.  Is that correct?

I tried: =COUNTIF(D439:K453,>174), but that does not work and did not
return any error ref.

Please advise.

Regards,

VinceB.