Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Joe San <co...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/18 10:41:14 UTC

Producer Config Error - Kafka 0.9.0.0

Dear Kafka Users,

Is there a bug with the producer config?

I have asked a question on Stackoverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34851412/apache-kafka-producer-config-error

As per the documentation, I need to only provide bootstrap.servers

but, when I run my producer client, I get a message that says:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
requirement failed: Missing required property 'metadata.broker.list'
    at scala.Predef$.require(Predef.scala:219)
    at kafka.utils.VerifiableProperties.getString(VerifiableProperties.scala:177)
    at kafka.producer.ProducerConfig.<init>(ProducerConfig.scala:66)
    at kafka.producer.ProducerConfig.<init>(ProducerConfig.scala:56)
    at com.eon.vpp.MetricsProducer$.main(MetricsProducer.scala:45)
    at com.eon.vpp.MetricsProducer.main(MetricsProducer.scala)

Regards,
Joe

Re: Producer Config Error - Kafka 0.9.0.0

Posted by Steve Tian <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joe,

bootstrap.servers is the configuration for new *java* producer.

Cheers, Steve