Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/15 14:57:40 UTC

IDE situation

I'm wearing my user-side hat.

I've got a guy who works with me who has build many server+web_client
things in his career: all on Windows. In that environment, he's
accustomed to a strong IDE that allows him to rapidly create and debug
the service in a code-first environment.

I've been so-far unable to find him anything remotely comparable for
CXF. The Eclipse tooling we point to from the CXF site refuses to
build services; it only build clients, at least for him.

This seems like the state of things has been moving backwards, or at
best, sideways.

Are we missing something here?

--benson

Re: IDE situation

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
The JAX-WS tools evidenced the strange client-only situation.

We're not paying for FUSE around here, at least not yet.

However, your link certainly implies that service creation should
work, so we'll have a look.

Re: IDE situation