Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2009/04/20 23:19:52 UTC

Google Summer of Code projects for CXF

The official list of accepted proposals for Google Summer of Code is now out
and the list for Apache is at:

http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/asf

The exciting thing is that CXF will benefit directly from 3 student projects
and possibly indirectly from 2 others.

Direct projects:

Implement the SOAP/JMS specification for CXF
http://socghop.appspot.com/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/asf/t124021710755

Implement SDO databinding for CXF
http://socghop.appspot.com/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/asf/t124021713666

Implement the SOAP over TCP standard
http://socghop.appspot.com/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/asf/t124021711898

All three of them will add valuable new features to CXF.

In addition to those three, the projects:

WS-Security support for JAX-WS Web Services  (in Gerinomo)
http://socghop.appspot.com/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/asf/t124021713969

Tuscany-WSDL2JAVA
http://socghop.appspot.com/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/asf/t124021715348

Could have some side work and other benefits to CXF.

Basically, I want to make sure everyone was aware of them so if you see a
couple new students asking questions and such, please make them feel welcome.
:-)

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Google Summer of Code projects for CXF

Posted by Bryan Kearney <bk...@redhat.com>.
Daniel Kulp wrote:
> The official list of accepted proposals for Google Summer of Code is now out
> and the list for Apache is at:
>
> Implement the SOAP over TCP standard
> http://socghop.appspot.com/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/asf/t124021711898

+1 for this one. On a related note, do the interop meetings with
Microsoft occur on a regular basis?

-- bk

Re: Google Summer of Code projects for CXF

Posted by Bryan Kearney <bk...@redhat.com>.