Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2002/07/02 13:57:27 UTC

[docs] DRAFT: How to publish XML documents in HTML and PDF

Hello Cocooners,

This draft is available at
http://www.codeconsult.ch/drafts/cocoon/howto-html-pdf-publishing-DRAFT-01.html
and I'd like to donate it (in XML form) to the project.

This is really basic stuff, but I think it might be useful for beginners,
especially because it requires no prior knowledge of Cocoon, XSLT or XSL-FO
(as long as Cocoon is up and running).

I'm definitely scratching an itch here as I will use it tomorrow for an XSLT
and XSL-FO class that I'm teaching, so it will be field-tested sooner than
later ;-)

Comments are welcome - I will wait a bit before creating a patch in bugzilla,
in case changes are needed.

--
 Bertrand Delacrétaz (codeconsult.ch, jfor.org)

 buzzwords: XML, java, XSLT, cocoon, mentoring/teaching/coding.
 disclaimer: eternity is very long. mostly towards the end. get ready.

Re: [docs] DRAFT: How to publish XML documents in HTML and PDF

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.
On Thursday, July 4, 2002, at 02:06  PM, Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

>>> Is this link going to be permanent?
>> No, actually I already sent the xml version to Diana so that she can
>> clean
> it
>> up and commit it. The How-To will be included in the Cocoon docs
>> shortly,
> and
>> I will then remove it from my website.
>
> Even better !

FYI: A revised and improved version is already in HEAD and 2.0.3 branch.
I'll update the site once 2.0.3 is officially released.

Diana

Re: [docs] DRAFT: How to publish XML documents in HTML and PDF

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Wednesday 03 July 2002 05:17, Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
> Pretty nice introductory paper.
Thanks!

RE: Advice re: Stylesheet Parameters

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.
Jason,

if I were you, I'd use the RequestGenerator. You will get a nice XML with all the form parameters ready for further processing.

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.
Pretty nice introductory paper.

Is this link going to be permanent?
I will to link to it from my weblog, where I started to maintain a
repository of articles on use cases, sucess stories and best practices
related to Cocoon.

cocoonhive.org

Ivelin