Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Onkel Svart <la...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/01 10:11:06 UTC

Technical question regarding Openoffice Spreadsheet

Hi! I have a technical question regarding Openoffice Spreadsheet.

Take for example f_ (x) = x. Print list.

What numbers must one sum in order to get f_ (x) = x?

Calculate a new row as summed up will be = (to) the function over.
Repeat.

Pascal's triangle will appear in the underlying sums
to the function f_ (x) = x. (after about 10 row extensions.)

How to solve:
Best Strategy:

Automate the sums in a spreadsheet.

Suggestion:

The difference of the next vertical polynomial is the previous vertical
polynomial's function. (See hypothesis.)

Hypothesis:
The sum of the vertical functions goes to the right, and is a (n-1)-degree
polynomial - without a defined constant number.
E.g. (Sigma 2 = -2x+3), (Sigma -2x+3 = x^2-4x+5)...etc.

Thus: What operators do you think I could implement, for this task, in
Openoffice Spreadsheet?

Best regards

Lars Harald Øvstetun
Statsråd Evensens veg 5
6885 Årdalstangen

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Technical question regarding Openoffice Spreadsheet

Posted by Onkel Svart <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi again!

The function that yields Pascal's triangle is f(x) = 1

Sorry for that mistake, I don't have all my notates here!

Best regards

Lars Harald Øvstetun

Posted by Onkel Svart <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi :) By f_(x) I meant f(x)!