Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ralvin Figueiredo Jose <Ra...@ibsplc.com> on 2009/10/21 03:44:57 UTC

How can i make entering log messages mandatory, while committing files in SVN ?

Hi,

How can i make entering log messages mandatory, while committing files in
SVN ?
I am looking for the relavant entries , that need to be made, either on
the hook script ?
Or will this be a client setting.

Regards

Ralvin Figueiredo

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any
attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses
or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."

Posted by Ralvin Figueiredo Jose <Ra...@ibsplc.com>.
Rather than a hook, isnt there any other option ?

Regards

Ralvin Figueiredo

From:
Dextrous <de...@gmail.com>
To:
Ralvin Figueiredo Jose <Ra...@ibsplc.com>
Cc:
users@subversion.tigris.org
Date:
10/21/2009 12:31 PM
Re: How can i make entering log messages mandatory, while committing files
in SVN ?

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Ralvin Figueiredo Jose <
Ralvin.Figueiredo@ibsplc.com> wrote:
Hi,

How can i make entering log messages mandatory, while committing files in
SVN ?
I am looking for the relavant entries , that need to be made, either on
the hook script ?
Or will this be a client setting.

   Take a look at
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/tools/hook-scripts/log-police.py

--
Vishwajeet Singh
+91-9657702154 | dextrous85@gmail.com | http://singhvishwajeet.com

Posted by Dextrous <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geir Engebakken <ge...@edb.com>.
Did you resolve this, otherwise I have this hook implemented, and can forward it to you.

Geir

[http://www.ibsplc.com/images/email_footer_final.gif]

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 23:44, Ralvin Figueiredo Jose
<Ra...@ibsplc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can i make entering log messages mandatory, while committing files in SVN ?
> I am looking for the relavant entries , that need to be made, either on the hook script ?
> Or will this be a client setting.

The default pre-commit.tmpl sample hook script does exactly this. It
comes with every repository.