Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> on 2020/04/15 17:30:40 UTC

Website with or without CDN

Hi -

In the last few months the Apache Infrastructure team has moved a huge amount of traffic away from www.apache.org to downloads.apache.org. In light of this I think it might be a good idea to get back to the long standing where the charts website is question.

Ideally it should be echarts.apache.org without needing a CDN. Is the issue more the very large video on the main page which then requires certain byte range support on the server plus dealing with the national firewalls, or is it the whole site. Can we find a compromise? Perhaps the video can be hosted in multiple places and have the page select which in JS depending on where the user is?

Just some thoughts.

Regards,
Dave

Re: Website with or without CDN

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
Yikes, I just added some technical info to the Jira ticket:

Seeing it working from Firefox but Digicert agrees it is expired from
their SSL testing tool, https://www.digicert.com/help/ shows the TLS
cert expired on 4/24/2020

DNS resolves echarts.apache.org to 13.107.246.10

HTTP Server Header: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)
TLS Certificate

Common Name = echarts.apache.org

Subject Alternative Names = echarts.apache.org

Issuer = DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA

Serial Number = 0FCEF55C8F3D01B48D6CA2EA0CCF56CE

SHA1 Thumbprint = 8CEFE6D13DAF704C4A1EAC3862D1D6CD53CC3035

Key Length = 2048

Signature algorithm = SHA256-RSA

Secure Renegotiation:
TLS Certificate has not been revoked
OCSP Staple:     Not Enabled
OCSP Origin:     Good
CRL Status:     Good

TLS Certificate is expired.

The certificate was valid from 24/Apr/2019 through 24/Apr/2020.
Certificate Name matches echarts.apache.org
Subject    echarts.apache.org
Valid from 24/Apr/2019 to 24/Apr/2020
Issuer    DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA

Subject    DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA
Valid from 08/Mar/2013 to 08/Mar/2023
Issuer    DigiCert Global Root CA

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.