Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Xiao Juguang <ju...@fugu-sg.org> on 2001/11/28 11:57:54 UTC

problem on register user-defined serializer/deserializer.

Hi, all.
    How are you today? I am almost crashed when I tried to fix the problem
below.

    Here is my problem.

    I create serializer and deserializer for one of my class, Exon. I write
mapping code in deployment descriptor and deploy it. I can see the result of
deployment via web admin pages of Apache SOAP.
    When I tried to run client code, I met the fault :

Fault Code = SOAP-ENV:Server
Fault String = java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Serializer found to
serialize a "Exon", using encoding style http://schemas.
xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/

    I tried to find the potential causes:

1) location of my Exon and its ser/deserializer.-- I think tomcat can find
them because I placed them in tomcat/classes

2) Typo in deployment descriptor -- I checked time.

What is other cause reason to lead to such problem? Please help.

Thanks

Juguang

Re: problem on register user-defined serializer/deserializer.

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
If the problem was Tomcat finding the class, I think you would get
ClassNotFound or something like that.  Can you attach your deployment
descriptor?  Perhaps someone else will see a problem that you do not.

Scott