Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org> on 2009/03/14 23:24:20 UTC

best place to add a DEFINE for linux builds only

I'm playing around with an adjustment to the build that might help the
awt/swing crashes on linux. Where's the best place to add a define
statement to the make files for linux builds only.

Re: best place to add a DEFINE for linux builds only

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <3b...@mail.gmail.com>,
Nathan Beyer writes:

> I noticed that the linux.x86_64.mk overwrites XLIBS as follows -
>
> XLIBS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lX11 -lXft -lXext -lXtst
>
> I'm running Ubuntu on an x86_64 and that folder doesn't exist at all.
> Is that a problem?

No.  It doesn't exist on my machines either.  I'm not sure which distro
did require it but it only adds to the search path so does no harm for
distros that don't need it.

The required libraries are in /usr/lib on my machines which will already
be on the search path.

-Mark

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.
I noticed that the linux.x86_64.mk overwrites XLIBS as follows -

XLIBS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lX11 -lXft -lXext -lXtst

I'm running Ubuntu on an x86_64 and that folder doesn't exist at all.
Is that a problem?

-Nathan

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.