Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/18 08:27:35 UTC

mahout-distribution-0.8-src.tar.gz cannot be unpacked on Linux

Hello team,

Just like binary distribution couldn't be unpacked (see
MAHOUT-1229<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1229>),
I've just discovered that mahout-distribution-0.8-src.tar.gz also cannot be
unpacked (mahout executable cannot be unpacked to bin directory, bin
directory permissions are not set). Zip distribution src archive can be
unpacked.

Fix is trivial, equivalent to the fix for MAHOUT-1229.

Shall we just fix this in 0.9 or release new 0.8 RC with this fixed?

Kind regards,
Stevo Slavic.

Re: mahout-distribution-0.8-src.tar.gz cannot be unpacked on Linux

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
There are more issues with distribution archives (e.g. they contain
unwanted files and directories like modules Maven target directories and
their content).

All of this IMO is minor, including issue with unpacking source tar.gz
archive (there are 3 more source archives in release out of which at least
zip archives can be unpacked, and there is tag in svn too), so these issues
can be solved in next release.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Jul 18, 2013, at 1:23 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:

> If the artifacts don't work, this is a blocker.

On 2nd thought, we could just doc that piece.

Grant Ingersoll | @gsingers
http://www.lucidworks.com

Re: mahout-distribution-0.8-src.tar.gz cannot be unpacked on Linux

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.