Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de> on 2002/03/11 23:50:43 UTC

Hi all, the second Release Candidate for 0.20.3 (Maintenance release) is finally available at http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop for downloading and testing. There will be no new functionality added and if no new bugs show up FOP 0.20.3 will be released next week (target date is 27. Februar ;-) Changes from previous Release Candidate: - Proper use of font encodings for "native" fonts Submitted by: Peter S. Housel (housel@acm.org) and Rainer Garus (rainer.garus@arcor.de) - jimi.jar removed for license reasons - Added "Printing from a servlet" example Submitted by: Ralph LaChance - make sure label-end() value gets calculated (fix for bug #6094, endless loop while processing list-item-label)) - Improved i18n support for AWT viewer (Japanese dialogs) Submitted by: Satoshi Ishigami (ishigami@victokai.co.jp) - Generated text is written in UTF-8 encoding instead of ISO-8859-1 - MIF output strings escaping (see bug #1332) Submitted by: Vicente Salvador (vicentesalvador@netscape.net) - Fixed NoSuchElementException in MIF renderer (Christian Geisert) - Added Polish Hyphenation based on TeX hypenation Submitted by: Marcin Kuthan [M.Kuthan@elka.pw.edu.pl] - Added greek Hyphenation Submitted by: Dimitris Kamenopoulos - Added hungarian Hyphenation Submitted by: Simon Geza Just a reminder: This version has been updated to XSL 1.0 Recommendation syntax and requires JDK 1.2 or better. [ANNOUNCEMENT] Fop 0.20.3 released

Hi all,

just in case someone hasn't noticed yet ;-)

FOP 0.20.3 is finally available at http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop
for downloading.

The main reason for this release is the conformance to the XSL-FO
Version 1.0 W3C Recommendation. Other changes include:

- support for CMYK and embedded ICC profiles in jpeg images
- support for EPS images
- improved font encodings for native (Acrobat) fonts
- i18n improvments for AWT viewer
- support for letter-spacing
- Polish, Greek, and Hungarian hyphenation
- and of course a lot of bugfixes...

Changes from previous Release Candidate (rc2):
- added missing japanese resource for AWT viewer
- fixed Markers
- updated logkit from 1.0b4 to 1.0

Enjoy,
Christian

external-graphic src syntax

Posted by Michael Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
Can someone show me the syntax to using
<fo:external-graphic>??

I have an image in the same directory as the stylsheet and have tried
this syntax:

<fo:block text-align="center">
     <fo:external-graphic src="logo.jpg"/>
</fo:block>

this syntax:

<fo:block text-align="center">
     <fo:external-graphic src="file:./logo.jpg"/>
</fo:block>

this syntax:
<fo:block text-align="center">
     <fo:external-graphic src="file://./logo.jpg"/>
</fo:block>

and none of them work.  I always get this error:
[ERROR]: Error while creating area : Error with image URL: ./logo.jpg
(No such file or directory) and no base directory is specified

I have compared this to the images.fo example document as well as the
W3C XSL spec and it doesn't work.
I can sort of get it to work using an external url like
"http://somewhere.com/logo.jpg" but when I do it that way my application
hangs and never comes back.

any ideas??

Re: Logger not set

Posted by Tomasz Pik <pi...@ais.pl>.

Michael Engelhart wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does it matter if I just ignore setting the logger?  I already have an
> application built around using Log4J and it seems silly to instantiate
> another logging system just to output 3 lines every time I run FOP.   I
> just want to make sure that there isn't anything  critical to the
> setLogger method

Maybe it will be better to use Commons Logging package inside fop
instead of Avalon LogKit - somebody may configure Logging to
use LogKit, somebody to use Log4j.

Regards
Tomek Pik
pikus@ais.pl