Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ma...@shawus.com on 2003/02/21 17:22:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Weird Apache Problem

Hi!

We recently installed Apache on a webserver using the Apache Toolbox. When
users try to run some cgi scripts, they get errors. Looking at the files that
are created when this happens, we see that new files are written with
ownership of nobody.nobody (this makes sense), but with permissions written
as "-r--r--r--". Of course, this means that anyone can read the file, but no
one (not even nobody) can write to the file. Is this a permission problem in
Apache? If so, can someone point me in the right direction? Not sure where to
look on this one.

Regards,
Scott

Re: [users@httpd] Weird Apache Problem