Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Klausen Schaefersinho <kl...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/16 16:18:53 UTC

Stom install on single node

Hello,

I have to deal with a data stream of 3000 -5000 events per seconds and I
have one quite powerful machine. I like to use storm to process this
stream. I have tried running storm in development mode on that machine and
it worked perfectly. However, from all I understood this mode is not for
production.

But I am a little afraid that setting up a Storm cluster with nimbus and
everything on one machine (so no cluster) would be overkill. I have fear
that this could be overkill and could slow down the machine so much that I
can not keep up the the incoming data.

Can anybody share their experience with such a setup?

Cheers,

Klaus

回复:Stom install on single node

Posted by 唐思成 <ja...@qq.com>.
if you machine is powerful enough, I think it is fine, and set only one worker in this machine actually could reduce the overhead of communicate between jvm and node. However if the memory a jvm used is too high, the GC could be another problem, at that point you may need to tune your jvm.