Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ray Clough <ra...@allthisisthat.com> on 2007/02/19 19:12:08 UTC

Tiles with Struts-2

I have been unable to get Tiles to work with Struts-2 (v2.05).  When I
add the Tiles-plugin and Tiles-core and Tiles-api jars to WEB-INF/lib I
start getting ClassNotFoundExceptions about classes from Spring.  When I
add the Spring jars I start getting exceptions for
codehaus/PlexusContainer.  PlexusContainer seems to depend on
commons-attributes.  Obviously, somewhere in all this is some silly
config error on my part.  The tutorial for tiles specifies (1) Declare
dependency - I think this is only if ytou are using Maven for build.  Am
I wrong about that?  (2) Declare the Tiles listener.  I had that follow
the other listeners.  OK?? (3) Declare package definitions.  Seems easy
enough. (4) Configure the actions.  I haven't even gotten this far as it
fails to deploy.  There is no info on the Tiles config file, but I'm
assuming the same format as for Struts 1.x.  The tutorial specifies that
no files except for Tiles-plugin jar need to be copied.  Any advice as
to where I've gone wrong here.

Thanks,
Ray Clough
ray@allthisisthat.com

Re: Tiles with Struts-2

Posted by Brian Bruns <br...@gmail.com>.
I had a similar problem...I believe I resolved it by putting the tiles
servlet (which I'm not using) in the web.xml.  Something about tiles needing
to be configured before use.  Maybe someone else can expound on this?  IIRC
there was another way to make this happen too.

Brian