Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Louis Vincent Frolio <fr...@yahoo.com> on 2015/01/01 21:11:35 UTC

Hive CLI question

Does anyone know how to issue a clear screen at the "hive>" prompt?Is this even possible?  I am looking for something similar to "system clear" in MySQL.
Thank you, Louis.

Re: Hive CLI question

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Bals's right, you can execute any shell command in hive-cli by using
"!shell_command;"

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang