Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> on 2006/11/08 16:24:51 UTC

Re: pagesize/pagecount change in beta4

Catalin Braica wrote:
> I changed the pagesize/pagecount in the code (if everything turns well
> I'll make them configurable) and I am now testing what are the

Hi Catalin,

I want to let you know that you can configure both pageSize and pageCount now in
latest SVN code. It still has one minor issue in filer which I'm going to fix
before next release, but at least you can now configure the file size for your
collections.

> implications of having 20-60k collections (memory/descriptors/disk space
> usage). Up to now it didn't turned out too well (I'll write a summary
> once I finish and reach some conclusions). I might need to play with the
> number of descriptors / collection as well.

Having 20-60k collections does not sound right to me... To make an analogy, it
is if somebody would install Oracle and created 20-60k tablespaces in there...

Still, I'd like to hear about your results :)

Vadim