Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org> on 2010/10/27 22:44:54 UTC

Re: Hbase-hdfs CLOSE_WAIT connection problem

Moving to user@hbase.apache.org is more appropriate.

If you do a bit of google search, you can see that there's currently
two opened issues regarding CLOSE_WAIT:

- If you have ChecklsumExceptions, this will generate thousands of
opened sockets: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2042
- It was also discussed in this jira, also no resolution regarding
CLOSE_WAIT https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2180

I'd say you should have a look at the region server log and look for
any suspicious exceptions.

Also, "closing" the HTables doesn't release any resource, so this
probably has no effect on your issue.

J-D