Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/12 22:49:12 UTC

Plexus component question

Hello from (at the moment) cold Bainbridge Island, WA
<https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KBFI/2017/1/12/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Bainbridge%20Island&req_state=WA&req_statename=&reqdb.zip=98110&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999>
!

I am writing an archetype.  I'd like to use a different
org.apache.maven.archetype.ui.generation.ArtifactGenerationQueryer
<http://maven.apache.org/archetype/maven-archetype-plugin/apidocs/org/apache/maven/archetype/ui/generation/ArchetypeGenerationQueryer.html>.
Is there some way, using META-INF/plexus/components.xml to cause (in my
case) the maven-artifact-plugin to use my implementation instead of the
default one?

Thanks,
Best,
Laird
--
http://about.me/lairdnelson

Re: Plexus component question

Posted by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks; confirming that there's a page with a 5 minute tutorial and no
further docs.  OK, off to the source code.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I haven't verified this, but it could be that Plexus-Components switches
to the non-default if such an implementation is available.
Otherwise the DefaultArchetypeGenerationConfigurator should be improved:

@Requirement
private Map<String,ArchetypeGenerationQueryer> archetypeGenerationQueryers;

and give the ArchetypeGenerationRequest the option to pass the hint of the
ArchetypeGenerationQueryer.

thanks,
Robert