Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Curt Zirzow <ph...@zirzow.dyndns.org> on 2004/07/19 04:23:23 UTC

Re: [PHP] building php5.0 as an apache module, with mysqli functionality

* Thus wrote bruce:
> hi...
>
> this is cross posted to a number of lists as it seems to touch on all the
> apps...

Please don't do this.

> i'm trying to use the following "configure"
>
> ./configure  --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-config-file-path=/etc --with
> -mysql=/usr/include/mysql  --with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config -
> -with-ldap --with-pgsql

If you read the installation at http://php.net/mysqli, you can not
include two versions of mysql and mysqli client libraries.

> the issue i'm having is that i can't get make portion to work without
> returning "multiple define" errors like
>
> [root@lserver2 php-5.0.0]# make
> /bin/sh /usr/src/php-5.0.0/libtool --silent --preserve-dup-deps --mode=link
>
> [snip way to much output ]

Can you compile mysql without mysqli and vise versa without
problems?

Curt
--
First, let me assure you that this is not one of those shady pyramid schemes
you've been hearing about.  No, sir.  Our model is the trapezoid!

RE: [PHP] building php5.0 as an apache module, with mysqli functionality

Posted by bruce <be...@earthlink.net>.
thanks for the fedback!

unfortunately..all he did was say, "i got it to work!!".. but not how he did
it!!

thanks

-bruce

>>i'm trying to use the following "configure"
>>
>>./configure  --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-config-file-path=/etc --wi
th
>>-mysql=/usr/include/mysql  --with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config
 -
>>-with-ldap --with-pgsql
>
> If you read the installation at http://php.net/mysqli, you can not
> include two versions of mysql and mysqli client libraries.

Someone made this work:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=bqcbqi%2416sr%241%40
FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw

/Jacob

Re: [PHP] building php5.0 as an apache module, with mysqli functionality

Posted by Jacob Friis Larsen <jf...@list.idg.dk>.

[users@httpd] RE: [PHP] building php5.0 as an apache module, with mysqli functionality

Posted by bruce <be...@earthlink.net>.
hi...

in regards to the php5/mysql/mysqli/apache2 issue...

the following should be helpful... i've managed to get it working, so that i
have mysql and mysqli both being displayed using "phpinfo()"...

----------------------------
for a linux rh8.0
use mysql-4.1.3-beta.tar.gz
copy it to whatever dir you want it in (eg.. /usr/src)
gunzip mysql-4.1.3-beta.tar.gz
tar -xvf mysql-4.1.3-beta.tar (which creates a mysql-4.1.3-beta dir and
places the files underneath)

i prefer to build the mysql code by using the default process...
./configure
make clean
make
make install

(this builds the required rpms)
i then install the rpms
rpm -ivh MySQL-server-4.1.3-0.i386.rpm
rpm -ivh MySQL-devel-4.1.3-0.i386.rpm
rpm -ivh MySQL-shared-4.1.3-0.i386.rpm

(if you're building php on a client system with mysql/mysqli on another
box, you can leave off the server rpm)

at this point, you now have the basic libs for mysql installed...

go ahead and do the php..

use php-5.0.0.tar.gz

copy it to whatever dir you want it in (eg.. /usr/src)
gunzip php-5.0.0.tar.gz
tar -xvf php-5.0.0.tar (which creates a php-5.0.0 dir and places the files
underneath)

i've found that it appears that you need to make sure /usr/local/mysql/lib
is clean off
any "mysql lib*" stuff to prevent conflicts with old mysql versions...
it looks like if you do a
rpm -ivh --force MySQL-devel-4.1.3-0.i386.rpm
rpm -ivh --force MySQL-shared-4.1.3-0.i386.rpm

then the shared libs are placed in the
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/mysql dir structure...

(you can see where files are placed by doing a "rpm -qpl MySQL-**.rpm")

set up the "./configure" using
./configure  --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-config-file-path=/etc --with
-mysql=/usr --with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config --with-ldap --wi
th-pgsql

(you might choose different options depending on your needs...)

/usr/lib/mysql/libdbug.a
/usr/lib/mysql/libheap.a
/usr/lib/mysql/libmerge.a
/usr/lib/mysql/libmyisam.a
/usr/lib/mysql/libmyisammrg.a
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.la
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.la
/usr/lib/mysql/libmystrings.a
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysys.a
/usr/lib/mysql/libnisam.a
/usr/lib/mysql/libvio.a

make clean
./configure
make
make install

the results at this stage are a clean build with a libphp5.so...

make the required changes to the httpd.conf/php.ini files, restart httpd and
you should be up/running....

feel free to make any suggestions/changes.. this should help those who've
been struggling to get this working!!!!

-bruce