Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Donglin Chen <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/25 20:58:51 UTC

Solr MoreLikeThis returns no match while the source document is in Solr

Hi,

I issued MoreLikeThis query using a uniquekey of a source document, and I
got no match as below (but I can select this document fine in Solr).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
  <lst name="responseHeader">
    <int name="status">0</int>
    <int name="QTime">0</int>
  </lst>
  <result name="match" numFound="0" start="0" maxScore="0.0"/>
  <null name="response"/>
  <lst name="interestingTerms"/>
</response>

The query is like this:
http://localhost:8080/solr/dbcollection_1/mlt?&q=uniquekey:20320

However, using select in stead of MLT, this document did return
http://localhost:8080/solr/dbcollection_1/select?&q=uniquekey:20320

when I tried another uniquekey with almost the same document content, Solr
returned match and similar jobs.
 http://localhost:8080/solr/dbcollection_1/mlt?&q=uniquekey:20321

When I tried another MLT query where there is empty value on the matching
field, no similar jobs returned as expected, but nonetheless the match
document is returned as expected.
What could cause MLT query return <result name="match" numFound="0"..>
whereas we can select this document fine?

Thanks!
Daniel

Re: Solr MoreLikeThis returns no match while the source document is in Solr

Posted by Daniel Chen <da...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Anshum!

The links helps.

Daniel