Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2003/11/07 22:07:29 UTC

[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.06

a release candidate for Apache-Test 1.06 is now available.  1.06 is the
version of Apache-Test that will ship with mod_perl 1.99_11.

   http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/Apache-Test-1.06-dev.tar.gz

please take the time to excercise the candidate through all your existing
applications that use Apache-Test and report back successes or failures.

--Geoff

Changes since 1.05:

added -startup_timeout and $ENV{APACHE_TEST_STARTUP_TIMEOUT} as places
to specify the maximum number of seconds to wait for the test
server to start.  the default is still 60 seconds.  [Geoffrey Young]

use apxs PREFIX to resolve relative httpd.conf directives
ServerRoot is not present [Mike Cramer]

add support for a new subclass method 'bug_report', which if provided
will be called when 'make test' fails. we use it in mod_perl to print
the pointers on how to proceed when the failure occurs. [Stas]

sudo and su -u aren't portable, therefore use a simple setuid/setguid
perl program instead, to check whether the root directory of the test
suite is rwx by the user/group apache is going to run under (when
running 'make test' as root). [Stas]

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.06

Posted by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>.
On Friday, November 7, 2003, at 02:35  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> I have no problems posting attachements to this list (mozilla-mail ||
> pine). It's possible that it's specific to your mail sw. Have you
> tried contacting test-dev-owner to report this problem?

No, haven't worried about it too much. I'll give 'em a shout.

> In any case your patch is now in.

Thanks!

David

http://www.kineticode.com/                     Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory@jabber.org

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.06

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>.
On Friday, November 7, 2003, at 02:25  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

>> That's because the mail list software strips them off! I'll send it
>> to you directly.
>
> eh? since when? it's a first time I hear that. Is it because of the
> way your mailer attaches them?

Doubt it, but it has happened to me on this list before. I notice that
you tend to send patches inline, so you wouldn't have this problem. I
attach patches because my mailer tends to mangle patches that I include
inline.

Regards,

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
David Wheeler wrote:
> On Friday, November 7, 2003, at 02:08  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Can you please test with the current cvs, should be fixed now.
>

> Confirmed, thanks!

Thanks for testing, David.

Posted by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>.
On Friday, November 7, 2003, at 02:08  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Can you please test with the current cvs, should be fixed now.

Confirmed, thanks!

> I don't think we have changed anything, besides the patches you've
> submitted by yourself ;) There is no patch attachment, btw.

That's because the mail list software strips them off! I'll send it to
you directly.

Must've been a change in LWP or something.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>.