Posted to user@struts.apache.org by th...@polaris.co.in on 2003/05/27 16:21:30 UTC

How to use variant of Locale Class in Struts

Hi,

   From the struts document and example code, I understood that we can
use internationalization by using properties file, html tag library and
bean tag library. But how can I configure to use variant parameter of
Locale class.

   In other words, based on one more input other than language and
country code I would like to retrieve the strings from properties file.

   For example, assume the properties file name is
appresouce.properties, then for the language and country code selection
it will behave like appresouce_<language>_<country>.properties. Here I
would like to pass one more parameter (Variant of Locale class), so the
property file could become

   How can I pass the variant to struts to retrieve from the respective
properties file?

Regards,
Thiru