Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Bert van Brakel <be...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/25 09:28:00 UTC

How to use intake to extract multiple values of the same field?

Does anyone know how I can use intake to extract multiple values of
the same field?

For example, if I have the following form to add permissions to a
role:

<form action="RoleAction" name="role"  ...>
    <input type="text" name="name">

    <!--I would eventually use javascript to dynamically add
permission name fields -->
    <input type="text" name="perm_name">
    <input type="text" name="perm_name">
    <input type="text" name="perm_name">
    <input type="text" name="perm_name">

    <input type="submit" name="eventSubmit_doAddpermissions"
value="add perms">
    ..declare groups and all
</form>

how do I then extract all the permission names from the form using
intake?

I have got the following in the RoleAction class:
                        Group group = (Group) intake.get( FORM_NAME,
IntakeTool.DEFAULT_KEY );
                        String name =  group.get( "Name"
).toString();
                        Role role = (Role) TurbineSecurity.getRole(
name );
                        Permission perm = null;

                        while( /*for each perm name in the form*/)
<===== how to do this? I need to extract a collectio/array/iterator
of permission names
                        {
                            try{
                                perm = TurbineSecurity.getPermission(
/*perm name*/ );
                                role.grant( perm );
                            }
                            catch(UnknownEntityException e){
                            }
                        }
                        TurbineSecurity.saveRole( role );

If anyone is kind enough to help out I would greatly appreciate it.

Bert.