Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by BJ Blackburn <bb...@gemteq.com> on 2000/07/18 23:40:38 UTC

xalan java extensions

I'm trying to trouble shoot the use of  java extensions -- I've tried all
the news groups, the documentation -- believe me I wouldn't bug you unless
I was desperate.

I attempt to call an extension implemented in javascript and get "Call to
extension function failed: unable to load language: javascript"

I have the bsf and bsfengines on my class path. Though your docs suggested
that this was all that was required, I went so far as to install rhino and
ensure that js.jar was on the path as well. No luck.

I'm using JBuilder 3.5 Enterprise on a Win2000 (please don't laugh) machine.

Any ideas where I should look for a solution would be appreciated --
perhaps on an entry on your FAQ? I did notice one other soul having the
same problem on the : ibm.software.websphere.application-server forum --
but no answers to his post of 6/21.

Thanks,

B.J. Blackburn
Gemteq Software, Inc.