Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by dr...@gmail.com, dr...@gmail.com on 2018/05/13 00:03:31 UTC

ofbiz start vs restart

Hi Everyone,
I decided to start a new post because my last one was taken over by another unrelated thread.

I'm trying to find out why ofbiz takes twelve minutes on my system to start up after a reboot; whereas the first time after a new install it takes just thirty seconds to start. (BTW: when I say "Start up", I mean successfully run the web portal in my browser)

What I have tried so far:

1. Tried with different versions of Java JDK

2. This is definitely not a solution but perhaps indicates where the bottle-neck is but after the first reboot if I run ./gradlew cleanAll loadDefault again, the start time goes back to about thirty seconds; perhaps I'm wrong but this indicates to me that the bottle-neck is in ofbiz not Java

Next-step
The next step for me is to step through the code and see where the bottle-neck is; however, before I do that I want to check in with you experts and see if you have any tips or suggestions? Perhaps you know where I went wrong with my install steps or how I can mitigate this problem or, even better, fix it?