Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Wentzel <Mi...@aswethink.com> on 2001/04/06 15:19:45 UTC

RE: Apache + Tomcat Configuration

> I am trying to setup Apache + Tomcat to run JSP and Servlets
> on Win. 2000. I
> am using Apache 1.3.19, and Tomcat 3.2.1.
>
> I created my own directory in
> %TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/mytest, copied the structure from
> %TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/examples such as WEB-INF, META-INF.... I put my
> servlets .class files in the ../mytest/WEB-INF/classes/aaa.class.
>
> I did some configurations in Tomcat: Server.xml, Tomcat-Apache.conf,
> Tomcat.conf; and in Apache: httpd.conf
>
> Now I can use Apache + Tomcat to run my JSP files, BUT I can
> ONLY  run  the
> system provided  sample Servlets files. I CAN'T run my own
> Servelts files no
> matter where I put the .class files.
>
> Could you give me a help for the configuration as my
> assignment is almost
> due  ?

First, posting the same question multiple times will not expedite a
faster response to your question.  People might just get ticked off
and not reply at all.

Now, I will pose a couple questions:
1.  How are you trying to access your servlets? (/mytest/servlets/aaa,
mytest/aaa, etc...)
2.  What are your configurations, in your webapps web.xml, for your
servlets?
3.  What is the exact error message you are receiving? 404? 500? etc...

The more information you can provide the faster a solution can be found.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com