Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2022/03/12 17:13:40 UTC

Attention non-committers: a word about [VOTE] threads

All,

In case you (read reader) are not a Tomcat committer, please don't
ignore the [VOTE] emails that come out for each release. *Everyone* is
welcome to vote on a proposed release, and, honestly, we'd prefer more
feedback than less.

If you have a problem, we'll help you solve it.

If you're interested in becoming involved in votes, I would recommend
that you watch this video of a presentation from ApacheCon @Home 2020
which describes how to build Tomcat from source and run the unit tests, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2wXAldxQWA

We'd love to have more input on releases, honestly. So if you have any
questions, please post to this list for help.

All you need to do in order to participate in a VOTE is to reply to the
VOTE thread. You should try to use the release-build in a way that has
meaning for you (like maybe with a development version of your own
product) and let us know if everything is working as expected (or not!).

Thanks,
-chris

Re: Attention non-committers: a word about [VOTE] threads

Posted by Raymond Augé <ra...@liferay.com.INVALID>.
Thank you Christopher for the reminder and for the record, this doesn't
just apply to non-committer.. but even more so to committers.

I feel guilty that I haven't taken action on this front other than a few
times in the beginning and it's not right. I pledge to take more action
from now on.

Sincerely,
Ray

On Sat, Mar 12, 2022 at 12:13 PM Christopher Schultz <
chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> In case you (read reader) are not a Tomcat committer, please don't
> ignore the [VOTE] emails that come out for each release. *Everyone* is
> welcome to vote on a proposed release, and, honestly, we'd prefer more
> feedback than less.
>
> If you have a problem, we'll help you solve it.
>
> If you're interested in becoming involved in votes, I would recommend
> that you watch this video of a presentation from ApacheCon @Home 2020
> which describes how to build Tomcat from source and run the unit tests,
> etc.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2wXAldxQWA
>
> We'd love to have more input on releases, honestly. So if you have any
> questions, please post to this list for help.
>
> All you need to do in order to participate in a VOTE is to reply to the
> VOTE thread. You should try to use the release-build in a way that has
> meaning for you (like maybe with a development version of your own
> product) and let us know if everything is working as expected (or not!).
>
> Thanks,
> -chris

*Raymond Augé* (@rotty3000)
Senior Software Architect *Liferay, Inc.* (@Liferay)