Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Bart Coninckx <ba...@telenet.be> on 2013/03/13 14:46:58 UTC

expand the network test with browser plugin detection

Hi,

I invite OM users now to first check if they have the necessary Java and
Flash plugins installed. I use this simple HTML page:

<head>
</head>
<h1>Test for Flash</h1>
style="font-style:italic;"> You have version ... installed.</p>
<iframe src="http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/" height="565"
width="750" scrolling="no"> </iframe>
<h1>Test for Java</h1>
the last Java version or not.</p>
<iframe src="http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp" height="565"
width="750" scrolling="no"></iframe>

I point to this page in config.xml as the currentappnameurl.

Maybe it is a good idea to expand the network test at login to also
check for the availability of these plugins.
This guy for instance has a Javascript detection method:

http://www.pinlady.net/PluginDetect/

BC