Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Steve Swinsburg <s....@lancaster.ac.uk> on 2008/10/27 17:08:07 UTC

birthday dropdown with month/leap year variances

Hi all,

I am creating a set of dropdown choices for a user to enter their
birthday on a profile. One for day of the month, one for month of the
year, and one for year. However I want to be able to take into account
months that have differing numbers of days, (ie some 30, some 31, some
28, every now and the 29 etc) which is all dependent on the month and
if its a leap year or not.

Does anyone have a component/fragment of code that handles this
already to save reinventing the wheel?

cheers,
Steve

Re: birthday dropdown with month/leap year variances

Posted by Ryan Gravener <ry...@ryangravener.com>.
A simple way would be to use
http://wicketstuff.org/wicket13/dates/
with the settings used on
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/calendar/calnavigator.html

Ryan Gravener
http://ryangravener.com/flex | http://twitter.com/ryangravener

Posted by Piller Sébastien <pi...@hmcrecord.ch>.
Maybe you can just rely on Calendars, which provides
Calendar#getMaximum(Calendar.DAY_OF_MONTH)

It is not really reinventing the wheel, just using the available api and
combine